In need of a quick icebreaker to get your group warmed up?
The Great Candy Pass is one of my most popular icebreaker games.
It’s quick and easy to pull together. Just grab a bag of mints, print the questions, and you are ready to go!
The Great Candy Pass
- 1 bowl of wrapped candies for each table (minimum 2 candies per person)
- Printed list of questions
Participants needed: Group of at least 6; multiple groups seated at separate tables works well.
If needed ask the group (or groups) to sit or stand in a circle within easy reach.
Say: “Today/tonight we’re going to play The Great Candy Pass. You’re certain to discover new information about the people at your table. Please take 2 pieces of candy and pass the bowl to the next person.”
Note: You could increase this to 3 or 4, but they all need to take the same number.
Once everyone has two (or more) candies in their hand continue with the instructions.
Say: “I’m going to read through a list of questions. If your answer to the question is “yes”, you will need to pass one piece of candy to the person on your right. If your answer to the question is “no”, you won’t pass any of your candy, but you might receive candy from the person on your left. After I finish reading through the questions, you’ll need to count up the number of candies in your hand.” [ Read questions on the next page.]
“Count your candies and if you have the most in your group/table, you are a winner!” [You could ask them to raise their hand and you could see who in the room has the most candy.]
“You’re welcome to enjoy your candy during our meeting or to take it home with you. I hope you learned something new about the people at your table. “
1. Have you ever gone for more than three days without taking a shower?
2. Do you make your bed every morning?
3. Do you recycle your grocery bags?
4. Have you ever gotten sick after riding an amusement ride?
5. Have you ever worn something once and then taken it back?
6. Do you hide your own “treats”?
7. Do you get your nails done professionally?
8. Have you ever taken a mission trip?
9. Do you fold your underwear?
10. Do you cook only using recipes?
11. Do you have to have your coffee in the morning?
12. Are you up by 6 AM?
13. Do you ever tell phone solicitors you are not home?
14. Have you ever smuggled snacks or drinks into a movie theater?
15. Do you always put on make-up before leaving the house?
16. Have you ever re-gifted a present you received?
17. Do you shave your legs in the winter?
18. Do you squeeze your toothpaste in the middle?
19. Have you ever double-dipped at a party?
20. Do you think we should stop now and enjoy a piece of candy/mint?
Note: Leaders are reporting Hershey Kisses and other wrapped chocolates do not melt when playing the game.
The person with the greatest number of candies wins (bragging rights or a small prize).
You can download a free PDF file of the directions and questions by clicking the link below.
May your women laugh and bond as they play!