The Great Christmas Candy Pass is one of the most popular Christmas icebreakers on this site.
It’s quick, easy, and inexpensive. And it’s perfect for your Christmas fellowship, Bible study group, or Christmas party.
Click the button below to access a free printable PDF of the instructions:
The Great Christmas Candy Pass
Group size: 6 or more
Time needed: 5-10 minutes
- 2-4 wrapped candies (such as mints, chocolates) per person
- Bag(s) or bowl(s) for each group to contain candies
- Printed list of questions
1. Have group (or groups) sit or stand in a circle within easy reach.
2. Say to the group: “In just a moment you’ll be responding to 20 Christmas questions. Things like: Do you own a Christmas sweater? Have you ever peeked at your Christmas presents? If your answer to any of the questions I ask is “yes” you’re going to pass one piece of candy to the person on your right. If at any point in the game you don’t have a piece of candy but need to pass one, just skip that question. The person holding the most candy at the end of our 20 questions will be declared the winner.”
3. Ask each participant to take two wrapped candies (you could increase this to 3 or 4, but they all need to take the same number).
4. Read the questions to the group.
5. Have everyone count up the number of candies in their hand to determine the winner.
The person(s) with the greatest number of candies wins bragging rights or a small prize. Let them eat their sweets when finished.
You may want to create several smaller groups rather than one large group depending upon your space. If they are already seated at tables, just have each table play as a group.
The Great Christmas Candy Pass Questions:
1. Have you ever peeked at your Christmas presents?
2. Do you hang a stocking by your fireplace?
3. Have you finished Christmas shopping?
4. Do you like to drink eggnog?
5. Have you ever returned a Christmas gift?
6. Will you go Christmas caroling this year?
7. Do you own a Christmas sweater?
8. Will you be attending a Christmas Eve service this year?
9. Have you ever gotten coal in your stocking?
10. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
11. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve?
12. Do you get up early on Christmas morning?
13. Do you play Christmas music in your car?
14. Have you ever done a Random Act of Kindness at Christmas?
15. Do you eat ham on Christmas day?
16. Do you have a real Christmas tree?
17. Do you have an ornament with your name on it?
18. Do you buy Christmas presents for yourself?
19. Have you ever spent Christmas out of the country?
20. Do you like to make Christmas cookies?
Want to easily print out the directions and questions? Click this link for a free PDF.
You may also want to check out:
Christmas Icebreaker Questions
Christmas Wrap It Up Game
Christmas Connection (Free Printable)
Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
31 Christmas Fellowship Ideas
10 Tips for Your Christmas Coffee