Many churches host Sweetheart Banquets or Couples Dinners in February.
Often times the event planning falls to the Women’s Ministry team.
With annual events it’s easy to get into a rut planning the same thing year after year.
*Please note this post contains affiliate links. Should you choose to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission which will be used to help cover the costs of this blog. Your support is appreciated!
Freshen up your event with one of 10 sweetheart banquet ideas below:
- Host a staged edition of the Not So Newlywed Game
- Invite a couple from church to share a short devotional/inspirational message
- Seek out a speaker with a message on marriage (many authors are available if your budget allows)
- Host dinner and a movie (Fireproof or Courageous would be great to show)
- Enlist your youth to host a dinner theater
- Serve a catered dinner and provide childcare
- Show a comedy DVD (I recommend Kevin Davis – save female comedians for all-women events)
- Enlist a couple or two to perform a comedy skit
- Get some women/guys to sing (or lip-sync) some classic love songs wearing crazy (or not) costumes
- Play a matching game with wedding photos of the couples in attendance
What other ideas do you have for a Sweetheart Banquet?
You may also want to check out:
5 Keys to a Successful Sweetheart Banquet
10 Things I’ve Learned About Sweetheart Banquets
Free Printable Valentine Verses
Not-so Newlywed Game Script
The Great Valentine Candy Pass
Valentine Icebreaker Questions (Free Printable)