Prayer is a critical component of every ministry.
But sometimes prayer becomes a burden rather than a blessing…
Changing things up a little can breathe new life into your prayer time.
The next time prayers for your Women’s Ministry Team start feeling a little rote or stale, try the following ideas.
6 Ways to Pray for Your Team:
- Choose one member to pray for every day, rotating through your team list.
- Ask weekly for prayer requests. Have a set date and time for requests to be submitted and then immediately email the list to the team.
- Create a weekly prayer calendar – giving specific ministries each a week (Bible Study leaders, Care Committee members, Prayer Team, Publicity Team, etc.).
- Pray each name, alphabetically, every day. Tape a list to your bathroom mirror or on your dashboard.
- Create a set of prayer cards. Collect personal and ministry requests on index cards, bind them together, and keep them in your purse, praying over each card. (Use wait times to pray – doctor’s office, carpool line, etc.)
- Pray a specific scripture for your team. See below for a couple of ideas.
What to Pray for your Women’s Ministry Team
- Pray for the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control) for each member.
- Pray the armor of God (belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, feet fitted with the gospel of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit).
- Pray scripture over your team.
Scripture to Pray Over Your Team
For fruit, knowledge, strength, endurance, and patience – Colossians 1:10–11 (NIV) “You may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience.” (I created a free printable of this scripture that you can find here.)
For protection and joy – Psalm 5:11 (NIV) “But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.”
For strength against weariness – Isaiah 40:31 (NIV) “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
For discernment – Philippians 1:9-10 (ESV) “And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.”
What other scripture verses would you suggest praying over one’s team?
You may also want to read:
8 Prayers for Your Women’s Ministry Team
Prayer: Direct vs. Bless
How to Pray for Your Small Group
How to Pray Boldly and Confidently
Leave a Reply