Praying for your team members is the most powerful and most important thing you can do.
Sometimes I get busy and forget to pray for my team. It’s embarrassing, but it’s honest.
Sometimes I seem to pray the same thing over and over. Stuck like a broken record.
Sometimes I need some inspiration and a new perspective.
I came across these verses over the course of several months. Each one jumped out to me as something I could turn into a prayer for myself and for my Women’s Ministry Team.
I thought you might find them useful too.
Here are 8 specific prayers to pray for your Women’s Ministry team:
- Father, please help them to know when to speak and when to be quiet. “Watch your words and hold your tongue; you’ll save yourself a lot of grief.” Proverbs 21:23 MSG
- God, sustain their passion for serving the women of our church and community. “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” Romans 12:11
- Jesus, direct their eyes and keep them focused on You alone. “Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.” Psalm 119:35-37
- Lord, give them peace when faced with difficulties. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15
- Father, give them the energy and desire to complete the task ahead. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” Colossians 3:23
- God, give them words of wisdom as they speak to others. “My mouth will speak words of wisdom. “ Psalm 49:3a
- Jesus, I ask you to give each team member times of rest and renewal. “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Matthew 6:31
- Lord, protect them from spiritual and physical attacks on their faith and their family. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3.
Click the link below to download the free printable.
You may wish to:
- Laminate them
- Hang one each week on your bathroom mirror/dashboard
- Pray all eight for each individual team member, working your way through your team members one day at a time
- Pray one prayer for the whole team, working through all eight cards one day at a time
- Hole punch them, place them on a ring, and carry them with you
- Pray these prayers over your team at your next meeting
- Make a set for each team member to encourage them to pray for each other
- Ask your prayer team to use them in their time of prayer for the ministry
- Pray them for yourself!
How do you keep your prayers for your team and ministry fresh?