What is God’s vision for your women’s ministry this year?
Do you know?
Maybe you haven’t thought to ask.
That’s okay! I’ll admit I haven’t always.
Whether vision casting is a foreign concept or an annual practice for your women’s ministry, I hope you’ll join in this week as we learn:
How to discover the vision for your ministry
How to communicate the vision for your ministry
Before we get to the “how”, let’s talk for a moment about the “why”.
Why do we need a vision for our ministry?
It’s difficult, if not impossible, to get to where we’re going if we don’t know where we are headed.
God has a goal for your ministry.
There is something He wants for your women.
Perhaps He wants the women in your church and community to become women of prayer this year.
Maybe He wants your ministry efforts to focus creating women of the Word.
It may be that your ministry has been focused inward, rather than outward, and God is calling your women to serve in your community.
I don’t know WHAT God desires for your ministry this year, but I do know He has a plan and a purpose (Jerm 29:11).
So just HOW do you figure out what God’s vision is for your ministry?
- Read your Bible. He will reveal it through His Word. When we are faithful (and I am sorely lacking in this area lately) to spend time in His Word, we will see a verse or a concept repeated.
- Pray. Ask God to reveal it to you! James 1:5 says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (NIV)
- Listen and look. Expect God to show you. Write down every little nudge you receive. The sentence from the sermon that jumped out at you. Each verse that leaped off the page.
It is perfectly okay to ask God to confirm what you think His vision is for your ministry. He may give you confirmation through His Word, through another Believer, and/or by giving you a sense of peace.
God’s vision for your ministry will always:
- Align with His Word.
- Complement the mission and vision of your local church.
- Be what is needed, whether or not we can see it for ourselves.
Our deepest desire should be for our ministry to reflect God’s will for our women, not our own will.
It’s much easier to decide for ourselves what our ministry focus should be for the next year – especially when there are so many great books, opportunities, movies, events, and even ministries courting us!
Just because you are excited about _______ doesn’t mean that is what God wants for the women in your church.
God knows the future. He knows what battles your women and your church will face this year. Trust He will arm your women with the necessary tools to emerge victorious!
Let’s get to it girls! Let’s listen and look for God to reveal His vision for our women for this next year!
I’d love to hear what He reveals! Feel free to share His vision in the comments below.
You may also want to read:
One year ago: The First Thing You Must Do in Your Women’s Ministry This Year
Two years ago: 10 Sweetheart Banquet Ideas