I could sure use some. Could you?
I’m guessing we all know several women in our lives that could use an encouraging word or gesture.
Did you see that single mom at church on Sunday struggling with her two-year old?
What about your team member that worked her tail off pulling together your last women’s ministry event?
Or the neighbor down the street that faces a daily battle with a chronic illness?
God tells us we are to encourage one another.
Today I’m going to share with you a 8 simple, inexpensive ideas for encouraging those God has placed in your path:
1. Send a heartfelt note with a scripture verse. (If you need help wording your note check out my post on No More Notecard Stress.)
2. Pull together a Sonshine Box or bag.
3. Shoot your target a text with a note cheering them on. Or just text them and ask how you can be praying for them.
4. Print off an encouraging verse and frame it or laminate it for your recipient. I’ve got one here you can print for free. Search Pinterest for others.
5. Gift them an encouraging CD (I suggest one for a Quenched Spirit here).
6. Post an encouraging graphic or music video on their Facebook page. (Just be careful about what message you include as they may not want their struggles made public.)
7. Pick up the phone and call them. Pray with them if possible. Phone calls, like handwritten notes, have become so rare they are even more precious!
8. Send a loved+blessed® box of encouragement.
What, you may be wondering, is a loved+blessed® box of encouragement?
I didn’t know myself until recently when I had the opportunity to receive my very first loved+blessed® box of encouragement.
My loved+blessed® box was a Masterpiece box. My box included a theme card affixed to the inside lid, a mini poster, a reminder sticker, a scripture card, a set of colored pencils, a coloring page and a picture frame.
Each month the box of encouragement™ includes:
- MINI POSTER for your home or office
- Repositionable REMINDER STICKER perfect for your mirror, laptop or tablet
- SCRIPTURE CARD sized to fit in your pocket or purse
- Removable KEEPSAKE THEME CARD
- Special GIFT OF ENCOURAGEMENT
Each gift of encouragement changes each month. You may receive gifts of jewelry, prayer accessories, stationary, journals, or home decor.
While loved+blessed® offers a subscription service (plans start at $10/month plus $3 shipping and handling), you can also order a single box for yourself or as a gift.
Perfect for encouraging your friend, neighbor, or teammate!
Check out the loved+blessed® shop for a current listing of available boxes (starting at $12 + S&H), scripture card sets, and poster sets.
Boxes are also available in bulk for a women’s group or special event. Contact loved+blessed® for details.
As with any subscription box service, please carefully read their subscription policy and cancellation procedures.
You could win “A Year of Encouragement” (12 Free Boxes!) Just hop on over to the loved+blessed® giveaway entry page. Giveaway ends April 1, 2016.
No matter how you choose to encourage others, I know it will be appreciated!
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” Hebrews 10:24 (NIV)
What other ideas do you have for encouraging others?
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): I received a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.