Setting up a Facebook Page for your Women’s Ministry adds another layer to your publicity efforts.
Before setting up a Facebook page for your women’s ministry consider:
- What is the purpose of your page? Will you use it to set up event invitations? Will you link to newsletters and/or registration pages? Will you create photo albums for events? Are you going to post inspiration photos/Bible verses?
- How often will you post? Relevance is more important than frequency. Post too often and folks will start to ignore you and/or hide you on their feed.
- Who is going to post? With the option of having multiple administrators you’ll need to be clear about who will post what when.
Keep in mind:
- Younger women are shying away from Facebook and consider it “uncool” now that so many “older” women are using it.
- Not everyone has internet access or a Facebook account. All publicity has to occur in multiple formats.
- Once you have over 30 “likes” you’ll be able to view some helpful analytical information.
- Get staff approval before setting up your page.
- Give it an easy to remember page name. You can change it after you set it up if needed. Don’t publicize your page until you’ve settled on a name.
- Public pages can be viewed by anyone. Visitors are likely to check out your FB page to see what you’ve been up to.
- Closed pages should be used for team communications, prayer requests, etc. Keep private things private and protected.
- If you’re also utilizing Twitter (survey your women to see if that is really a need) you can use HootSuite (and other apps/programs) to publish on both sites at the same time saving precious time and energy.
- It takes time to build a following, even among your faithful few. Encourage everyone to “share” the page with other women in your church and community.
- Keep posts positive, supportive of the staff, and helpful. Be prepared to delete inappropriate posts by spammers, etc.