Have you ever received a door prize that you really didn’t want?
Or maybe you received a door prize that you thought about re-gifting or even (gasp) donating?
A great way to give out door prizes everyone wants is to create a Door Prize Basket filled with an assortment of goodies.
This method has been a big hit for us in the past.
The key is providing many more items than you’ll give away, so no one gets the “leftovers”.
It’s also important to provide a wide range of items everything from scented soap/lotion to devotionals to small framed scripture cards.
Give them Jesus, but give them some other options too!
Ideas for your Door Prize Basket:
- Pocket-sized Bible (no kidding – it was the first thing taken at one event!)
- Framed Scripture verses (keep an eye on the clearance area at LifeWay)
- King-sized chocolate bars
- Insulated cups (with verse)
- Devotional books
- Christian music CDs
- Personal Bible Studies
- Christian DVDs – Christian bookstores often run $5 specials
- Pretty notecard/notepad sets
- $5 gift cards for coffee, frozen yogurt, Chick-Fil-A
- Christian Fiction Books (just make sure you’ve read them!)
I try to keep each item around $5 or less (always shopping the clearance sections).
I’d much rather give out lots of small gifts to lots of women than a few large gifts to just a few.
Elaborate gift baskets lead to a large number of hurt feelings when their name isn’t called.
Smaller gifts tend to lessen the hurt feelings.
At a couple of Scrapbooking events we were able to give a prize to everyone in attendance, while that’s not going to be the case in most situations, it sure was nice to be able to spoil everyone!
Your turn to share: What tips do you have for distributing door prizes?