There is a lot of information that you can and should collect from your women when they register for an event.
I’ve broken the list into four categories for you:
- Info you need to collect – always!
- Info you need or want to collect depending on the type of event
- Info for away events – hotels, retreats, conferences, etc.
- Childcare info – if you’re offering childcare
Info you need to collect:
- Name (First and Last)
- Mailing Address
- Email address (use boxes for them to write each letter in)
- Phone number (home and cell)
Info you may need or want to collect:
- Workshop/activity choices
- Shirt size and color choice
- Method of Payment
- Payment Amount
- Meal choice
- A place to note if it is their first conference/retreat
- A blank for them to share how they found out about the event
- Space to volunteer to serve (check-in team, greeting team, set-up/clean-up team, decorating team, prayer team, etc.)
For away events (conferences, retreats, etc.):
- Room selection (single, double, triple, quad)
- Roommate name(s)
- A place to check if they are interested in carpooling, noting whether they need a ride or are willing to drive
- Willingness to share King bed
- Name of child
- Age of child
- Potty trained (yes/no)
It is always good to include a spot for “Other info we may need to know” – I.E. late arrivals, dietary needs, early departures, etc.
Overwhelmed? Don’t be – this list is extensive, but you will not need to include all of it! Just choose what is applicable to your event and forget about the rest.
Now that you’ve collected all this great information what should you do with it?
- Send each attendee a written letter with directions, packing information, roommate, and scheduling information. This is a great place for letting women know if they need to pack slippers for a slipper contest!
- Use the information to build a mailing list for your ministry
- Send registration information for this year’s event to last year’s attendees
- Send out surveys to participants after the event – either by mail or by email
- Distribute any follow-up information – I.E. info shared at the retreat, link to a private online photo site, thank you for attending note
Keep in mind that not everyone has email, especially your older women, and that even if you email out information you may still need to mail out some paper copies.
Registration is an opportunity to collect great info from you women – use it!
Your turn to share: What other information do you collect at registration?