Please note: Cyndee books a limited number of women’s ministry events each year as her focus is on Leadership Training (click to learn more).
An experienced keynote and workshop leader, Cyndee embraces the opportunity to teach women face-to-face. Anchoring each talk in God’s Word, Cyndee skillfully shares personal stories and lessons learned with a mixture of tenderness and humor. Cyndee’s training as a former elementary education teacher and Bible study leader, combined with her background in theater, ensures women will be engaged from start to finish.
As a veteran women’s ministry leader, Cyndee offers a unique sensitivity to the varied levels of biblical literacy and spiritual maturity in a group, gently leading women deeper into God’s Word and challenging them to live a life devoted to serving Christ.
Women enjoy Cyndee’s interactive style, passion for the Word, and dedication to delivering a message that points women to Christ. You can find Cyndee’s Statement of Faith here.
Life-Giving Words/Bible Study Boot Camp/Cultivating Good Fruit
Cyndee will help your women overcome common Bible study barriers by encouraging them to know God’s Word so they can live God’s Word.
Session topic options:
- Words to Live By
- Deceiving Words
- Hearing God’s Word
- Bible Study Boot Camp
- Living Out Our Faith Through Social Media
For more details and event ideas check out the Life-Giving Words Event Planning Guide here.
Faith Over Fear (Alt. title Courage for Our Calling)
Cyndee invites your women to unpack the lessons in the book of Joshua that will equip them to walk in faith with strength and courage.
Session topics options:
- Be Strong and Courageous/Courage for Our Calling
- Fighting Our Fears
- Walking in Faith
- Sharing Your Faith Story
Available as a weekend retreat, keynote, or single sessions. For details and event ideas check out the Faith Over Fear Event Planning Guide here.
A Legacy of Faith/What’s your story?
- Rocks of Remembrance
- Sharing Your Faith Story
- Principals from Proverbs 31
- Borderline Believers
- Living Out Your Faith Through Social Media
Cyndee is also able to develop messages on Faithful Women in the Bible.
For details and event ideas check out the Legacy of Faith Event Planning Guide here.
Sharing Your Faith Story
Your women have some amazing stories of God’s faithfulness, but they may not know how best to share them in a way that glorifies God. Cyndee provides practical steps for writing and sharing our stories as modeled for us through God’s Word. During this interactive experience, your women will prepare testimonies of what God has done in their lives to share with others.
Paul warns believers in 2 Timothy 2:3-4 that some will not endure sound teaching and will be drawn to false teachings. This interactive workshop provides the opportunity to decode the deception as attendees practice the learned discernment skills.
Living Out Your Faith Through Social Media
Would other people know you’re a Christian just from looking at your social media profiles? Cyndee encourages attendees to be a light in the darkness through practical tips.
Overcoming Bible Study Barriers
Cyndee breaks through Bible study barriers and equips women to regularly engage in God’s Word using her inductive-style Bible study method – READ (record, explore, apply, and do).
Women’s Ministry Training for Leaders and Teams
As a veteran women’s ministry leader (20+ years) actively serving in her local church, Cyndee loves to share what she’s learned with leaders. You’ll find a complete list of Women’s Ministry Leadership topics here.
Consider bringing Cyndee in for BOTH Leadership Training and a Women’s Event.
Compensation for any travel outside of the Charlotte, NC area is requested in addition to a fee for my time. I understand the challenges of church budgets and will do my best to work with you.
Please contact me for current rates.
Now booking for 2023!
- March 3-4, 2023, Host and Keynotes, Anchored Women’s Ministry Conference (for leaders), West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
- April 2023 (Date TBD), Workshop: Sharing Your Story, West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
- February 5, 2022, READ Bible Study Workshop, Unity Methodist Church, Kannapolis, NC
- April 2, 2022, Seeds of the Word, River Oaks Community Church, Clemmons, NC (Keynote Speaker, open to the public, registration required)
- April 13, 2022, How to READ Your Bible, West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
- April 23, 2022, Bible Study Boot Camp, New Vision Fellowship, Madison, NC
- April 30, 2022, Prayer Warrior Boot Camp, Miller’s Creek Baptist Church, Moravian Falls, NC
- September 23-24, BCBC Women’s Conference, Brice’s Creek Bible Church, New Bern, NC
- September 17-18, 2021 Bible Study Conference (virtual), Overcoming Bible Study Barriers.
- October 21, 2021, How to Know if Your Women’s Ministry Needs a Makeover, Virtual Leadership Luncheon NCWMU.
- April 24, 2021, Seeds for the Soul: Seeds of Joy, River Oaks Community Church, Clemmons, NC (workshops, open to the public, registration required)
- July 7, 2021, Women on Mission: Living Out Your Faith Through Social Media, West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
In addition to speaking, Cyndee has also been featured on many prominent websites and podcasts. Highlights listed.
Podcasts & Radio
- The Women’s Ministry Toolbox Podcast
- Her Faith Inspires – Common mistakes in women’s ministry and how to make it thrive with Cyndee Ownbey
- Made for Hope – The Power of a Life-Changing Bible Study Group
- The Living Room with Joanna Weaver – Rethinking Women’s Ministry
- Christian Woman Leadership Podcast – Intentional Discipleship and Mentoring Within Women’s Ministry
- Marnie’s Friends – Women’s Ministry Trends for 2019 & Beyond
- Inspire Journal – Summer 2021 Issue, Fall 2021 Issue
- CTA – Christ to All Blog – Monthly Articles for Women’s Ministry Leaders
- CTA – Christ to All – Women’s Ministry Resources including Women’s Ministry Leadership Manual, Quarterly Women’s Ministry Team Training Packets
- LifeWay – Learning From Leaders: How Can We Keep Cliques from Harming Our Ministry?
- DaySpring – 10 Ways to Share God’s Love with Your Group and Top 5 Ideas for Hosting a Women’s Group
- Woman to Woman Mentoring – The Hospitality Gap
- FaithIt – Why I’m Not Reading Through the Bible This Year