It’s a deep seated need inside of each one of us.
I’ve got a great tool of encouragement to share with you.
This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Allume Conference.
In the prayer room journals were placed for every single attendee.
We were encouraged to spend time in the prayer room over the weekend to pray and to write notes of encouragement for the other women that we met. There were even journals for all of the speakers.
The hope was that each attendee would return home with several notes of encouragement.
I was able to spend some time writing notes to about 8 people I met. I intentionally spent some time searching out a verse to write in each book.
How they did it:
- A bookmark with the name of each attendee was placed inside each journal.
- The books were organized in alphabetical order by first name – perfect for those of us that can’t remember first and last names!
- There were letters taped beneath the rows of books (we had 450 in attendance) to keep things in order.
- The prayer room was open from the early morning to late at night.
The journals themselves were beautiful! They were inscribed with a Bible verse on the cover and on each page. Below are some similar ones you may want to check out.
I can’t wait to do something similar at our next conference or retreat!
You will want to try to find a way to make sure every single woman gets at least one message in their journal.
- Remind them to leave notes during their free time.
- Schedule enough free time for them to write.
- Your Women’s Ministry Director may not be able to leave a note in every single journal, but as a team you should be able to cover them all.
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
To see all 31 Women’s Ministry Tips be sure to visit: