An experienced keynote and workshop leader, Cyndee loves to train and teach leaders.
Anchoring each talk in God’s Word, Cyndee skillfully shares personal stories and ministry lessons learned with a mixture of tenderness and humor. Cyndee’s training as a former elementary education teacher and Bible study leader, combined with her background in theater, ensures women will be engaged from start to finish.
As a veteran women’s ministry leader with experience serving in five churches, Cyndee understands the challenges different teams face. Leaders find her stories of ministry failures and successes to be relatable and comforting.
You can find Cyndee’s Statement of Faith here.
Cyndee books a limited number of Women’s Ministry Events each year, please click here to view those speaking topics.
How to Host Meaningful Women’s Ministry Events
Stuff the fluff! Meaningful ministries require more than potlucks and parties.
Leaders will learn how to host events that attract women of all ages, encourage community, and focus on our faith.
- The model for fellowship in Acts 2
- Five types of fellowship events every ministry needs
Placing God before Google, Cyndee will help leaders break through the overwhelm of event ideas and teach them how to select the best ideas for the women in their church.
Suitable for a keynote session or interactive workshop.
Teaching Women to Share Their Faith Stories
Your women have some amazing stories of God’s faithfulness, but they may not know how best to share them in a way that glorifies God. Cyndee provides practical steps for writing and sharing our stories as modeled for us through God’s Word. During this interactive experience, your team will learn how to help women remember and record their faith stories. Available as a 60 or 90-minute workshop.
Teaching Women How to Study the Bible
Do your women struggle to study the Bible on their own without a pastor or author as their guide? Cyndee simplifies the process of studying God’s Word, using an inductive-style Bible study method (READ). Your team and Bible study teachers will learn how to teach your women to study God’s Word on their own with the Holy Spirit as their guide. Available as a 1 1/2-hour workshop.
Teaching Women to Pray Out Loud
Does your request for a woman to pray out loud yield only a few, if any, volunteers? Using interactive activities and God’s Word, Cyndee will stretch and strengthen the prayer muscles of your team. This practical training based on the ACTS prayer method provides the opportunity for your women to learn how to pray out loud and then replicate this process with their own teams and groups. Available as a 2 ½ hour workshop or multi-session conference or retreat.
Discovering God’s Plan for Your Ministry
I’ve failed multiple times to seek God’s plan for our ministry. I’ve Googled before going to God. I’ve searched Pinterest before searching His Word. I’m guessing your team has too.
There’s a better way. We can make wise decisions and seek the Lord’s direction by looking at Scripture before turning to the internet.
God’s got a great plan for your ministry! I can help your team make plans with confidence, knowing they have sought the Lord and that they are walking in the direction He has called them. Available as a keynote or workshop.
Women’s Ministry Makeover Training
Is your team struggling to get on the same page? Does the planning for your events and activities lack cohesiveness?
Using Cyndee’s signature 4-Phase makeover process, we’ll assess your ministry’s health and effectiveness, unite your team around a ministry vision that honors God, create a solid ministry plan that focuses on your team member’s gifts, launch your renovation plans
without overwhelming your women or your team, and expand the reach of your ministry for God’s glory.
Available virtually or in-person for a 2-day weekend leadership retreat or series of 8-weekly trainings.
Additional Training Topics
Cyndee is available to speak on a variety of women’s ministry topics including, but not limited to, Bible Study Facilitator Training, Building Your Women’s Ministry Team, Cultivating Community, How to Host Great Women’s Ministry Events, and Utilizing Social Media to Expand Your Ministry Reach.
Compensation for any travel outside of the Charlotte, NC area is requested in addition to the fee for my time. I understand the challenges of church budgets and will do my best to work with you.
If booking a Women’s Ministry Training, consider hosting a Women’s Ministry Event with Cyndee as your speaker later that evening or the next day. Add-on events are available at a reduced fee.
Please contact me for current rates.
Please scroll down to view Cyndee’s leadership training speaking reel.
Now booking for fall 2023!
- January 13-14, Women’s Conference, Chestertown Baptist Church, Chestertown, Maryland
- March 3-4, 2023, Host and Keynotes, Anchored Women’s Ministry Conference (for leaders), West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
- March 18, 2023 Workshop: Sharing Your Story, West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
- April 14-15, 2023, Called Conference, Moody Bible Institute (Attendee)
- April 29, 2023, Beulah Baptist Church, Lynchburg, VA, How to READ the Bible Workshop
- February 5, 2022, READ Bible Study Workshop, Unity Methodist Church, Kannapolis, NC
- April 2, 2022 Seeds of the Word, River Oaks Community Church, Clemmons, NC (Keynote Speaker, open to the public, registration required)
- April 13, 2022, How to READ Your Bible, West Cabarrus Church, Concord, NC
- April 23, 2022, Bible Study Boot Camp, New Vision Fellowship, Madison, NC
- September 23-24, BCBC Women’s Conference, Brice’s Creek Bible Church, New Bern, NC
In addition to speaking, Cyndee has also been featured on many prominent websites and podcasts. Highlights listed.
Podcasts & Radio
- The Women’s Ministry Toolbox Podcast
- Her Faith Inspires – Common mistakes in women’s ministry and how to make it thrive with Cyndee Ownbey
- Bible Study Made Simple – How to Start a Bible Study Group
- Made for Hope – The Power of a Life-Changing Bible Study Group
- The Living Room with Joanna Weaver – Rethinking Women’s Ministry
- Christian Woman Leadership Podcast – Intentional Discipleship and Mentoring Within Women’s Ministry
- Marnie’s Friends – Women’s Ministry Trends for 2019 & Beyond
- Inspire Journal – Summer 2021 Issue, Fall 2021 Issue, Winter 2021
- CTA, Inc. Blog – Monthly Articles for Women’s Ministry Leaders
- CTA – Christ to All – Women’s Ministry Resources including Women’s Ministry Leadership Manual, Quarterly Women’s Ministry Team Training Packets
- LifeWay – Learning From Leaders: How Can We Keep Cliques from Harming Our Ministry?
- DaySpring – 10 Ways to Share God’s Love with Your Group and Top 5 Ideas for Hosting a Women’s Group
- Woman to Woman Mentoring – The Hospitality Gap
- FaithIt – Why I’m Not Reading Through the Bible This Year