Prayer…it seems to be a place many of us are landing (or launching, depending on your perspective) in the New Year as churches and as ministries.
Our church will be hosting 24 hours of prayer beginning at midnight on New Year’s Eve.
Our Women’s Ministry Team is having a Prayer Warrior Boot Camp at the end of January.
Please note this post contains affiliate links. Your purchase helps to cover the costs of this site and is greatly appreciated!
One of our winter Bible study options will be Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer.
I love the idea of starting off the New Year focused on Prayer.
Humbling seeking God’s will and direction for ourselves, our churches, and our ministries.
Kneeling before God, letting go of our wants and desires, being open to His.
The restful, peace and quiet that comes as we sit and listen.
It feels almost the opposite of the rush of preparing for Christmas.
Prayer is a practice that many in our churches struggle with. No one wants to be the one to pray out loud. Many of us are so busy that prayer is only brought out in times of emergency.
Perhaps this year God wants you to spend some time with your women’s ministry team, with your women, and/or in Bible study focused on prayer.
If He does, you may want to incorporate a showing of the War Room movie.
Here are just a few ideas for using the War Room movie in Your Women’s Ministry:
- Kick-off a prayer-themed Bible study.
- Host a ladies night out movie night. Pop some popcorn, offer up some candy concessions. Check out the movie-themed icebreaker I featured in this post.
- Plan a Day of Prayer – for your church, for your ministry, for your community, or for an upcoming event.
- Offer weekly themed meetings on prayer. I know some of you offer women’s meetings weekly at your church. Start the month by watching War Room and spend the next few weeks discussing and practicing the discipline of prayer.
- Watch the movie as a Women’s Ministry Team and commit to making group prayer a part of every team meeting moving forward. You may want to read my post Teach Your Team to Pray Out Loud.
I want to encourage you to be prayerful in the New Year – as a women’s ministry and personally. If your prayer life has been lacking, the New Year is a great time to recalibrate!
Here are several prayer resources you may want to explore. I’ve linked to both Christian Book Distributor and Amazon for your browsing convenience.
|Adventurous Prayer: Women of Faith Bible Studies|
|A Woman of Prayer: A Woman’s Bible Study|
|Prayer: Too Busy Not to Pray, Christian Basics Bible Studies|
|War Room Study Guide|
|War Room Church Campaign Kit|
|Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan for Serious, Specific, and Strategic Prayer|
|War Room, Exclusive Collector’s Edition DVD|
|The Battle Plan for Prayer: From Basic Training to Targeted Strategies|
|Lord, Teach Me to Pray: Practicing a Powerful Pattern of Prayer–Leader DVD Kit|
|Live A Praying Life – Leaders Kit|
Prayer Warrior Boot Camp for Groups Kit
My War Room Experience & Prayer Resources
My Favorite Prayer Cards & 8 Ways to Use Them
Teach Your Team to Pray Out Loud
“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.”