Reaching women via the latest technology is challenging.
Many women in the church are already active on Pinterest.
Setting up a Pinterest site for your Women’s Ministry allows you to meet them where they are.
What should you pin?
Consider some of these ideas:
- Sermon podcast/links (in line with your church doctrine)
- Christian music videos
- Bible verses
- Encouraging quotes (be mindful and only use source that compliment your church’s beliefs)
- Christian décor ideas
- Christian craft ideas
- Board of Christian Bloggers (make sure these are women/men who are “solid”)
- Recommended Christian books
- Recommended Bible studies
- Recipe ideas
- Reminders for of upcoming events (pin the publicity images off your church’s website)
- Outreach ideas
- Organizations/missionaries your church supports (ie. Samaritan’s Purse has a Pinterest Board)
- Publicity your group/church has received
- Themed boards for different arms of your ministry
Let your women know once you’ve set up your Pinterest site. Send out an email and list your Pinterest site on your various publications.
Encourage them to follow your boards. Share the link via Facebook.
I’d love to hear how it goes!