Your planning team has gathered to work on your retreat or conference schedule.
There’s so much you want to do with your women.
So much you believe God wants you to share with them!
You wonder how you’ll fit it all in.
The speaker sessions.
A sprinkling of icebreakers.
The schedule is filling up fast!
You wonder if you really need to block out some free time for your women.
I’m here to tell you, yes you do!
Why your women need free time:
1. It builds relationship. Sitting and listening to a speaker is great, but your women need time to visit and get to know one another.
2. Your women need time to process the message. Let the message sink in. Give their ears and minds a little recovery time.
3. Hearts need time to soften. Some of your women are going to struggle with feelings of conviction, uncovering hidden sins, and fresh revelations of an issue that needs healing/forgiveness/repentance. Give them time to get to that place of repentance or forgiveness.
4. Girls just wanna have fun! Seriously though, sometimes I think we get a bad rap as Christians. People think we don’t know how to have fun. Allow women time to have a little fun – they might want to head to the outlet mall, take in a movie, go on a hike, play cards in their room, or just grab a coffee.
5. Rest. Some of your women physically need to take a break. Whether they are older and need that afternoon break to make it through the evening or they are a tired mom who wants nothing more than to nap without having to listen for the baby monitor. Remember, too, some of your women have health issues that you know nothing about.
6. God can use that free time to make connections. Women whose paths may never cross at church on Sunday morning will connect over the course of the weekend. God may be planting seeds of a new friendship or mentoring relationship. Give it time to grow.
God uses the free time to build relationships, soften hearts, and engrave His word on our hearts.
It’s our job to ensure that there is time for those relationships, heart changes, and message applications to happen.
Your turn to share: Do you schedule free time for your women during your weekend retreats and conferences?
To see all 31 Women’s Ministry Tips be sure to visit: