Table events allow a larger number of women to be actively involved your Women’s Ministry Event.
We’ve found great Table Hostesses are key for a successful Table Event.
It is critical that your planning team clearly communicate expectations and responsibilites to your Table Hostesses.
The Table Hostess will need to know:
- What is expected?
- What will be supplied?
- What she must supply?
- When can she set up?
We created a list this past year for our Table Hostess Team Leaders to reference and distribute to the Table Hostesses.
Please feel free to copy, edit, use, and tweak to make this work for your women.
Bouquet of Tables – Hostess Responsibilities 2013
Date: Saturday, October 19th 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Set up times: Friday, October 18th from 5 – 8 PM and Saturday, October 19th from 9 – 11 AM
Hostesses will need to supply:
- Plates – do not have to use china – everyday dishes or paper plates really are fine
- Glasses (for tea/water)
- Coffee cups
- Table decorations – anything goes – vase of flowers, candles, any theme of their choosing
Suggested, but not required: Most hostesses give their guests a small favor – could be anything from chocolate to a bookmark with a Bible verse. This is not meant to be a burden or great expense.
Church will provide:
- Round white tablecloths
- Round table with 6 chairs
- Name tags for your guests
- Clear plates that the food will be served on – they will be placed by the servers on top of the dinnerware
- Food, dessert, all necessary condiments including sugar and creamer for coffee.
- Room for storage of boxes during the event (tentatively room 300)
Hostesses are not responsible for inviting guests to sit at their table, though it is encouraged.
Spots will be filled on first come, first serve basis.
Registration for all guests (including hostesses) will begin on Sunday, September 22nd.
I hope you find the above list helpful as you communicate with your Table Hostesses.