*Please note this post contains affiliate links. Should you choose to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission which will be used to help cover the costs of this blog. Your support is appreciated!
Many churches host Sweetheart Banquets or Couples Dinners in February.
Often times the event planning falls to the Women’s Ministry team.
With annual events it’s easy to get into a rut planning the same thing year after year.
Freshen up your event with one of 10 sweetheart banquet ideas below:
- Host a staged edition of the Not So Newlywed Game
- Invite a couple from church to share a short devotional/inspirational message
- Seek out a speaker with a message on marriage (many authors are available if your budget allows)
- Host dinner and a movie (Fireproof or Courageous would be great to show)
- Enlist your youth to host a dinner theater
- Serve a catered dinner and provide childcare
- Show a comedy DVD (I recommend Kevin Davis – save female comedians for all-women events)
- Enlist a couple or two to perform a comedy skit
- Get some women/guys to sing (or lip-sync) some classic love songs wearing crazy (or not) costumes
- Play a matching game with wedding photos of the couples in attendance
What other ideas do you have for a Sweetheart Banquet?
You may also want to check out:
5 Keys to a Successful Sweetheart Banquet
10 Things I’ve Learned About Sweetheart Banquets
Free Printable Valentine Verses
Not-so Newlywed Game Script
The Great Valentine Candy Pass
Valentine Icebreaker Questions (Free Printable)