Looking for a summer Bible study for you or the women in your church and community?
I’ve got 6 solutions to offer – whether you’re studying in a group or on your own.
It was probably six summers ago that the Bible Study Coordinator on our Women’s Ministry Team felt God leading us to add a summer Bible Study offering (in addition to our spring and fall sessions).
No one really knew what to expect.
Aren’t people busy in the summer taking vacations and hanging out by the pool?
Would women really give up a summer evening to spend time in God’s Word?
God had big plans girls! He blew us away.
We had a bigger turnout for that study than we did for many of our regular study sessions. Really.
Over 20 women made the commitment. He blew our expectations out of the water!
We would have done it just for one.
Never be afraid to step into uncharted territory with God!
I’ve got 6 creative options for your Bible study plans:
1. Bible Marathon – Rachel Wojo shares how to put together a marathon study. I love this unique idea!
2. Stand-alone DVDs – With 3 volumes available, theses stand-alone videos featuring best-selling Bible study authors such as Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, Angela Thomas, Jennifer Rothschild, and Anne Graham Lotz. I like how these allow women to attend when their schedules permit without missing key content.
3. Shorter studies – such as those by Lysa Terkurst and Priscilla Shirer. Shorter 6 weeks studies are often easier for women to commit to during the summer months. It’s also less of a strain on those with families. FYI – Lysa’s study’s only run about $25 for the book and DVD.
4. Neighborhood Studies – gather at the pool/in backyards weekly. Imagine what a great outreach this could be! Whether you choose a book of the Bible or a 6 week study, go forward with the expectation that conversations will be interrupted multiple times. That’s okay!
5. Online Studies – I personally have participated in Beth Moore’s online summer study and a Proverbs 31 online study and found both to be extremely beneficial. Both were FREE! Women’s Bible Café also hosts online studies, but I have not personally used them yet.
6. On Demand Videos – I have completed Beth Moore’s Believing God study using LifeWay’s on-demand videos. A friend several states away did the study at the same time. The accountability was extremely helpful. Be sure to note, this option can be pricey.
Here are a few direct links to books, DVDs, and Bible studies that you may want to consider for yourself or your church this summer. *Please note this are affiliate links. A girl’s got to pay the blog bills! *wink
No excuses girls – for yourself or for your team!
No, it’s not too late – consider starting in July and finishing in August.
Pray and seek God’s direction – if not this summer, maybe He is preparing the way for next summer.
You may also want to read:
Tips & Tools for Bible Study & Small Group Facilitators
5 Myths Bible Study Leaders Believe