Considering an ornament exchange this year at your Women’s Ministry or Bible study Christmas party?
Ornament Exchanges are:
To pull off a fun, successful ornament exchange there are a few things you’ll need to do.
Request in advance that guests bring a wrapped ornament to your Women’s Ministry Christmas fellowship, Sunday School party, or Bible study Christmas celebration.
- Suggest that they spend no more than $5.
- Let them know that homemade ornaments are wonderful and welcome!
You want this to be affordable and manageable for all of your women.
At the event place a table near the entry door for attendees to leave their gift.
Have some fun distributing the ornaments!
4 Distribution Ideas for Your Ornament Exchange:
1. Have tables/groups come forward to select a package that they didn’t bring.
2. Number each package and have each guest pull a number and pick up the corresponding package.
3. Make a large circle (or several smaller circles) and have women pass the packages to the right until the Christmas music stops.
Consider having a couple extra wrapped ornaments on hand in case one of your guests forgets to bring one – that way they can still participate.