I am amazed by all the resources and ideas that have popped up on the internet over the last 10 years.
Need an icebreaker idea? Google it.
Want to know what the Bible stays about a topic? Search for it.
While there is a wealth of information at our fingertips, we must take care not to put Google before God.
Here are 5 Ways the internet can undermine your ministry:
1. We listen to bloggers instead of God.
2. We get our direction from Pinterest instead of seeking God’s direction for our events, themes, and Bible studies.
3. We are discouraged when we compare our numbers, our décor, and our budget with others.
4. Satan plants seeds of doubt and seeds of discontent.
5. We succumb to the pressure to do things bigger, bolder, and with more flair than we had intended.
When we spend time “googling” and “pinning” and not on our faces and in His Word, we lose focus of God’s message for our women.
Ladies, please don’t be tempted to use a theme or event idea just because it popped up on your Pinterest feed.
Sure, God can still bless your efforts and your event, but you’ll miss out on what God had intended and planned for your ministry.
There is a reason you won’t (unless God redirects me) find lists of themes for your year and your event on this blog. I want God to give it to you! I don’t want to sway or influence you otherwise.
Yes, God can use this site and others out there to further your ministry, but as Matthew 6:33 (ESV) says, “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Father, God, I ask you to give each one of us discernment as we sift through Women’s Ministry ideas on the internet. May the ideas we choose to use never undermine your plans for the women in our church and community. Help us to seek you first, above all else. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
So go ahead, close that browser down, and seek Him.