In need of a quick icebreaker to get your group warmed up?
Supplies: 2 candies or mints per person; mints (or other wrapped hard candies – avoid those that melt) in a bag(s) or bowl(s) for each group; printed list of questions
Participants needed: Group of at least 6; multiple groups seated at separate tables will also work.
Directions: Have group (or groups) sit or stand in a circle within easy reach. Ask each participant to take 2 mints (you could increase this to 3 or 4, but they all need to take the same number). Tell them that you will be asking questions. If their answer to the question is “yes”, they need to pass one piece of candy to the person on their right. The person with the greatest numbers of candies wins (bragging rights or a small prize). Let them eat their sweets when finished.
1. Have you ever gone more than three days without taking a shower?
2. Do you make your bed every morning?
3. Do you usually return your library books on time?
4. Have you ever gotten sick after riding an amusement ride?
5. Have you ever worn something once and then taken it back?
6. Do you hide your own “treats”?
7. Do you get your nails done professionally?
8. Have you ever taken a mission trip?
9. Do you fold your underwear?
10. Do you cook only using recipes?
11. Do you have to have your coffee in the morning?
12. Are you up by 6 AM?
13. Do you ever tell phone solicitors you are not home?
14. Have you ever smuggled snacks or drinks into a movie theater?
15. Do you always put on make-up before leaving the house?
16. Have you ever re-gifted a present you received?
17. Do you shave your legs in the winter?
18. Do you squeeze your toothpaste in the middle?
19. Have you ever double-dipped at a party?
20. Do you think we should stop now and enjoy a piece of candy/mint?
Other icebreakers you might enjoy: