This is one of my absolute, favorite games to play at Christmas parties. It always catches the group by surprise!
The key is keeping the item they’ll be wrapping a surprise!
(Shhhh…they are going to wrap one of their team members!)
Christmas Wrap it Up Game
Group size: 9 or more
Time needed: Approximately 20 minutes from start to finish
Supplies needed: For each team: 1 roll of wrapping paper, 1 pair of scissors, 1 roll of tape (You should be able to find all of them at the Dollar Tree.) Small prizes for the winning team (i.e. candy canes, Christmas chocolates, etc.)
- Divide the group into teams of 3-5 people.
- Distribute the supplies to each team.
- Say: Today (tonight) we’re going to test your gift wrapping skills. Each team will wrap ONE item and we’ll see who does the best job. When I say “GO!” you’ll have 5 minutes to wrap (insert dramatic pause) one member of your team. Go!
- Call time at the end of 5 minutes and walk around to each team. You could have the planning team or a church member serve as judge or hold your hand over each “present” and choose based on the amount of applause each team receives.
- Award the winners and collect the supplies.
Notes: I am always surprised by the creativity of the teams. One team used their empty wrapping paper roll and made a Statue of Liberty-like package. Another fashioned earrings for their gift.
This is a high energy, loud game that usually produces lots of laughter.
You may also want to check out:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest: Women’s Ministry Toolbox