It’s nice to have a few inexpensive prizes to give out to the winners.
Several years back we held a Sunday school party for the High school Juniors that we were teaching.
We played several icebreaker games (including Wrap It Up).
Before the party I went to the Dollar Tree and grabbed all sorts of fun things to put in a prize basket for the winners to choose from.
I love to place a bunch of prizes in a basket so the winners can choose something they really want! While it’s hard for me to imagine, not everyone loves chocolate!
This idea works for Youth and adults alike.
Here’s a list of 12 Prize Ideas for Christmas Icebreakers & Games:
Most of these items can be found inexpensively at your local Dollar Store, Target, or Wal-Mart.
1.Christmas CD’s – Watch for those $5 sales at LifeWay and other stores.
2. Little Debbie Christmas Cakes – Specialty treats that are only available at Christmas are always a hit!
3. Christmas Candy – Stretch that bag of Dove Peppermint Bark (my newest obsession) by placing 5-6 pieces in a small baggie. Or if you and your budget are feeling generous place whole bags of Christmas candies in the basket. I know plenty of people that would choose a bag of Christmas M&M’s over everything else! I’ve seen some Chocolate Santas and Christmas lollipops at the Dollar Store too.
4. Christmas Mugs – You should be able to snag these from $1-$5. Check your local Dollar Store and Walmart.
5. Christmas Toys – Target has a whole section of stocking stuffers. Pick up a Christmas Pez dispenser. Pick something fun!
6. Christmas Jewelry – I’m not talking about anything expensive. Light-up necklaces, inexpensive Christmas earrings.
7. Christmas Headwear – Check the Dollar Store, Target, and Wal-Mart for reindeer headbands, Santa hats, and the like.
8. Cocoa – Pick up a box or some packets of cocoa mix.
9. Gift Cards – If a $5 gift card is too much, put on the exact price of a milkshake, donut, or other treat – just be sure to note one free _______.
10. Christmas Ornaments – Check out these beautiful ornaments at CTA Inc (not an affiliate link).
11. Christmas Devotionals, Gift Books, or Coloring Books – CTA Inc has a Christmas devotional on sale for $0.99 (not an affiliate link).
12. Homemade Christmas Goodies – If you love to bake consider baggie up some Christmas cookies or candies for your winners to take home and enjoy.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on prizes for your icebreaker games.
Just have fun with it!
If you’re in need of icebreaker games – both for Christmas and throughout the year – be sure to check out my page of Icebreakers & Games.