Three different cities, four different churches, serving on three different Women’s Ministry teams.
My Women’s Ministry Story:
I’m not a speaker or writer by trade. I am a former elementary teacher and stay at home mom to our two boys.
Over 16 years ago God called me to minister to women.
God got my feet wet serving in about every capacity in our mom’s group from historian to social director to co-leader and chapter founder.
He partnered me with another mom in our church to start a new MOPS program.
From there He led an insecure, unqualified young mom to re-start our stalled women’s ministry team.
For three years I served, prayed, and watched as God grew our team and our reach.
When my husband’s new job moved us from Cary, North Carolina to Bowling Green, Kentucky God didn’t leave me on the sidelines for long. I was quickly recruited to co-leader of my second women’s ministry team, this time at a church with two campuses. And as members of the much smaller, second campus it was a challenge.
God was stretching me both as a women’s ministry leader and by calling me into Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) leadership. It was an intensive time of training and growing.
Our stay in Kentucky lasted just 2 1/2 years until God opened a door for us to return to North Carolina, albeit to a new city, closer to our families.
A year in a rental while waiting for our house in Kentucky to sell resulted in 9 months of observing the women’s ministry team from the sidelines at our then-church.
Once the house sold and we were able to purchase our new home God made it clear that we were not yet in the church He had planned for us.
Another brief church search led us to where we are now – active members in a small-medium sized church (about 175 in attendance on Sundays).
I now serve on the women’s ministry team at our current church.
What I’ve learned along the way:
- Each church, each team, and each group of women have been different.
- Serving on three different women’s ministry teams has given me a unique perspective.
- Rather than looking at how things have always been done, I’ve learned to look at how God is asking our teams to come alongside what He is doing.
- Growing or birthing a women’s ministry isn’t a one-size-fits-all situation.
- God knows what your specific women need in this specific season.
I want nothing more than to come alongside other women’s ministry leaders to encourage them as they serve and seek God’s will for their ministry.
I started this site out of obedience to God, out of a longing for the church to share with one another, and with a desire to build a home for free online Women’s Ministry resources.
What can you expect from Women’s Ministry Toolbox?
- New women’s ministry articles every Tuesday.
- A subscriber-only monthly newsletter featuring deals on women’s ministry supplies, helpful articles I’ve come across, and a peak into what our women’s ministry team is currently working on.
- On-line courses starting in the Fall of 2016.
I answer the “how-do” questions you have.
- How do we choose the best date for our event?
- How do we plan a retreat?
- How do we select our next Bible study?
- How do we build a women’s ministry team?
Please do not hesitate to ask questions and share your successes!
Not long ago, our Pastor led us through a line-by-line study of the Apostles Creed. While our church does not recite the Apostles Cree weekly (I did growing up), it clearly spells out what I believe.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
I grew up attending church, but it wasn’t until 2002 that I fully understood and made the commitment to accept Jesus and my Lord and Savior.
Never miss an idea or post – subscribe and you’ll receive every weekly post and the monthly newsletter at no cost!